This taco pizza has refried beans, cheese, romaine, crumbled tortilla chips, and ranch dressing as toppings. Of course, there is also a ranch. To put it simply: WOW.
Are you a taco pizza fan? In the name of research, some of us have even gone to Italy. Yet, our most recent and finest pizza recipe is in no way Italian.
Yep, it’s taco pizza! On the bottom, you can see an Italian crust made in the artisanal style, and on top you can see a taco pizza made in the delivery style. It is fantastic in every way. In addition to that, it has a crunchy topping of tortilla chips and a creamy homemade ranch dressing drizzled on top. Here is the recipe for making it.
How to make a taco pizza
The majority of our pizza recipes will teach you how pizza is traditionally prepared in Italy. But, we have deviated from the plan! The following is our rendition of the classic American dish, taco pizza.
Unexpectedly, this pizza has a healthy twist, as it is loaded with vegetables that are excellent for you and contains a reasonable amount of cheese. These are some of our tips and strategies for making the most delicious taco pizza ever!
Go with refried beans instead of tomato sauce. The fact that a taco pizza has a layer of refried beans rather than traditional red pizza sauce is the aspect of this dish that I enjoy the most. If you’ve never given it a shot, you should because it’s delicious. Make use of your preferred brand of canned refried beans. Some of them even come pre-flavored and ready to be consumed right away. If they lack flavor, give them a taste and then season them with a little salt and cumin. Or you could just make your own! Try either our Homemade Refried Beans or our Refried Beans Made in the Instant Pot.
Load up with the veggies. Because we want this taco pizza to be suitable for vegetarians, we piled on the vegetables. In addition to the refried beans, it also has tomatoes, black olives, and green onions. Chopped romaine provides the dish with the ideal amount of crunch.
The key: top with tortilla chips and ranch! This Homemade Ranch Dressing is a great choice because it is made with Greek yogurt, which gives it a more nutritious profile. This taco pizza, it has a flavor that can only be described as delicious. You really should give this a shot. Stat.
No meat on this taco pizza? Add it if you’d like!
It’s possible to make the case that taco meat needs to be present on a taco pizza as well. And you are more than welcome to contribute some more! Although we do occasionally consume meat, we adore the fact that this pizza does not require the addition of meat in order to be irresistibly wonderful. In point of fact, we believe that it is one of the best vegetarian meals available for people who consume meat. Give it a shot, and then give us your feedback: what do you think?
Use our best pizza dough (or thin crust)
All of our best recipes for homemade pizza use the same best pizza dough recipe, which we have perfected over the course of ten years. It has a texture that is just the right amount of fluffy, and the flavor is quite complex. Use our pizza dough for a thin crust if you so desire. When compared to the traditional crust, the thin crust is even simpler to prepare and contains fewer calories (less dough, fewer calories overall).
The tools you need: pizza stone and pizza peel.
What is the most effective way to bake pizza? On a pizza stone. The pizza is brought to an extremely high temperature, which causes the crust to become crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. After that, you will want a pizza peel in order to transfer the dough directly onto the heated stone. If you don’t have a roasting pan, you can make do with a baking sheet instead; however, given how much easier it is to use a roasting pan, it is definitely worth the investment!
- 1 ball of Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- ⅓ cup refried pinto beans, canned (or Homemade Refried Beans)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions
- 1 handful of canned sliced black olives
- 1/2 romaine heart
- 1/2 tomato or 3 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 3 organic corn tortilla chips
- Hot sauce, for the garnish
- Kosher salt
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
- Prepare pizza dough by Preparing the dough according to the instructions for the Finest Pizza Dough. This requires approximately 15 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to rest.
- Put a pizza stone in the oven and warm it to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, heat your pizza oven (here is our pizza oven).
- Prepare the garnishes: If necessary, add a sprinkle or two of cumin and a pinch of kosher salt to the refried beans. (Ours were already properly aged.) Slice the green onion thinly. Prepare the romaine lettuce by chopping it. To dice the tomatoes.
- Prepare pizza: When the oven is ready, sprinkle cornmeal or semolina flour on a pizza peel. If you do not have a pizza peel, you can use the back of a rimmed baking sheet or a rimless baking sheet. But, a pizza peel is a worthy investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; for directions, see How to Stretch Pizza Dough. Then, arrange the dough carefully on the pizza peel.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans over the dough using a spatula. Add cheddar cheese, followed by black olives and half the green onions. Add a pinch of kosher salt on top.
- Use the pizza peel to transfer the pizza to the hot pizza stone with care. Bake the pizza for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese and dough are well browned (or 1 minute in a pizza oven).
- Add the reserved green onions, chopped tomatoes and romaine, and crumbled tortilla chips to the salad. If desired, drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with spicy sauce. Immediately slice into pieces and serve.
|Egg Pizza with Scallions||Click Here|