This white pizza with three kinds of cheese (pizza bianca) is a flavor explosion: ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan!
Love cheese and adore pizza? Great. Then here’s your pizza soul mate: White Pizza, aka Pizza Bianca! This dish uses ricotta cheese to create a creamy white sauce that is put on the crust; it is seasoned with salt and garlic for good measure. The pizza is then covered with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Move over, pizza sauce. This white pizza will put you to the test financially.
What’s white pizza, aka pizza bianca?
White pizza, or pizza bianca in Italian, is a pizza cooked without a red tomato sauce. Before toppings are added, a white pizza is prepared with either a white-colored sauce or a light coating of olive oil. The white sauce may consist of a cream sauce, such as alfredo, or a soft cheese, such as ricotta.
Who wants to make a white sauce when ricotta cheese may be used instead? With the addition of garlic and salt, it tastes even better than a time-consuming sauce that leaves your pans filthy.
How to make white pizza
White pizza has become one of our family’s new favorite foods. It joins Pizza Margherita as one of our classics in this category. Because you do not need to prepare a sauce, preparation is simple! The only component requiring technique is the pizza dough. Here are the fundamental steps for making white pizza, or you can go directly to the recipe:
Make the pizza dough. Included below are our fundamental recipe and a few simple variations.
Season the ricotta. Combine it with salt, pepper, and garlic mince. This enhances the flavor of the ricotta, which might be bland on its own. The pizza is topped with mozzarella and Parmesan. They provide the perfect texture and hold the pizza together.
Top with mozzarella and Parmesan. They provide the perfect texture and hold the pizza together.
Bake for merely 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, and savor. Please note that we cooked our white pizza in a pizza oven, so the top may be more browned than a pizza straight from an oven.
Ricotta cheese brands vary, so season to taste!
Ricotta is a soft Italian cheese most commonly used in lasagna recipes, but it’s also delicious on pizza. It should be noted that ricotta cheese brands vary greatly. Some are incredibly creamy and savory on their own, while others are somewhat boring.
Before you combine the ingredients for the ricotta pizza, take a small taste. Adjust your salt content accordingly! You may require more or less than the recipe specifies.
Homemade pizza dough options!
There are numerous methods for making white pizza, sometimes known as pizza bianca. The most traditional method is to use our master pizza dough recipe below. Nevertheless, there are a few alternative approaches that are somewhat quicker and simpler! Here are our top choices, in order of preference:
Best pizza dough: Master Recipe results in the most authentic Italian pizza bianca. Stretching the dough requires practice, but it’s not difficult: visit How to Stretch Pizza Dough for more information. Also required is certain equipment (see below).
Thin crust. Our Thin Crust Pizza Dough is easier to work with because it can be rolled into a thinner, crispier crust. Similar equipment is required.
Naan or flatbread pizza. Try our Naan Pizza or Flatbread Pizza using store-bought flatbread for a quick and easy pizza.
Pan pizza. Alternatively, cook this white pizza on a cast-iron skillet as a pan pizza! It takes a little longer but is simpler because the dough is not stretched.
Pizza making equipment
A few pizza-making instruments are required to complete the task! Here is what you will require:
Pizza stone: A pizza stone is what makes the crust of an Italian pizza crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. Here is the best pizza stone we’ve discovered, including care instructions.
Pizza peel: When you use a pizza stone, it’s easiest to use a pizza peel to transfer the pizza onto the heated pizza stone in the oven. This Regular pizza peel or this Conveyor pizza peel is recommended.
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Thin Crust Dough)
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 small garlic clove (¼ teaspoon minced)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For the garnish: Dried or fresh oregano, and red pepper flakes
- Prepare pizza dough by Prepare dough by following the Best Pizza Dough or Thin Crust Dough instructions. This requires approximately 15 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to rest.
- Put a pizza stone in the oven and warm it to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, heat your pizza oven (here is our pizza oven).
- Prepare the garnishes: Chop up the garlic. Mix the ricotta with the kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Prepare pizza: When the oven is ready, sprinkle cornmeal or semolina flour on a pizza peel. If you do not have a pizza peel, you can use the back of a rimmed baking sheet or a rimless baking sheet. But, a pizza peel is a worthy investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; for directions, see How to Stretch Pizza Dough. Then, arrange the dough carefully on the pizza peel.
- Spread the seasoned ricotta on the dough with care. The pizza is topped with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and kosher salt. If desired, garnish with fresh or dried oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Use the pizza peel to transfer the pizza to the hot pizza stone with care. Bake the pizza for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese and dough are well browned (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Immediately slice into pieces and serve.
|Best Ever Taco Pizza||Click Here|